1 to 3 November 2022
Dr. Durali KOÇAK, Delegate to WOAH and Director of the General Directorate of Food and Control at the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of the Republic of Türkiye, informed WOAH that the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry will conduct a joint real-scale simulation exercise on Peste des petits ruminants. The exercise will take place in Istanbul from 1 to 3 November 2022 to maintain the response skills of veterinary services.
The objectives of the simulation are:
- To test and review the Peste des petits ruminants Contingency Plan,
- To train staff on its implementation,
- To test operational response arrangements,
- To examine the liaison and interdependencies between the key operational partners,
- To consider the economic impacts.
The simulation will include table-top and field exercises.
World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department
World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH)