25 to 29 July 2022
Dr Geraldo Moraes, Delegate to WOAH and Director of Animal Health, informed WOAH that the Agricultural and Livestock Defense Coordination Office (CDA) of the Secretariat of Agriculture and Supply of São Paulo will organise a theoretical and practical simulation exercise on foot and mouth disease. The exercise will take place on the campus of the University of São Paulo, in the municipality of Pirassununga (São Paulo province), from 25 to 29 July 2022.
The exercise will have a local scope, with the purpose of training the members of the State Emergency Group (GEASE) and assessing the capacity of the State Veterinary Service to respond to a foot and mouth disease outbreak, as part of the activities of the Strategic Plan for the suspension of foot and mouth disease vaccination in the state.
The specific objectives of the exercise are the qualification and evaluation of:
- The capacity for epidemiological research, documentation, and communication of information on the actions developed.
- The logistics of the emergency operations centre installation.
- The organisation, identification and performance of the roles assigned to the different teams of the State Emergency Group (GEASE) teams.
- The ability to set up and manage vehicle traffic control and inspection posts.
- The logistics of distributing materials and equipment.
- Strategies for containing the spread of the infection.
World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department
World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH)