29 March to 1 April 2022
Dr. Harun Seckin, General Director of Food and Control at the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Turkey and Delegate to the OIE, informed the OIE that a joint real-scale simulation exercise on Avian influenza will take place in Samsun province in the region of Blacksea from 28 March to 1 April 2022.
The overall aim of this exercise is to maintain the response skills of the Veterinary Services. The simulation will include table-top and field exercises.
The specific objectives are:
- Test the Avian Influenza Contingency Plan
- Train staff on implementation of the Contingency Plan and differential diagnosis;
- Test operational response arrangements;
- Examine the liaison and interdependencies between the key operational partners; and
- Consider the impact of the disease as a zoonotic infection.
World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department
World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)