THE INTERNATIONAL LIVESTOCK
RESEARCH INSTITUTE (ILRI)
THE OFFICE INTERNATIONAL DES EPIZOOTIES (OIE)
Adopted by the ILRI and the OIE on 12 March 2004
1. The Office International des Épizooties (World Organisation for Animal Health), hereinafter referred to as OIE, and the International Livestock Research Institute, hereinafter referred to as ILRI, will each keep the other party informed of its activities which may be of mutual interest.
2. Each organisation will invite the other party to participate as an observer in its meetings where matters of mutual interest may arise and make the reports of these meetings available.
3. The OIE and ILRI will exchange their catalogue of available publications to enable both organisations to request publications on activities related to their work. OIE and ILRI will exchange a free copy of each document and publication on subjects of mutual interest. Both organisations will benefit from the concessionary rates applied to their affiliated members or organisations for further orders of publications.
4. The two organisations will endeavour to cooperate further through both formal and informal consultations on issues of common interest, in particular on issues listed below.
ISSUES OF COMMON INTEREST
- Veterinary research related to animal diseases and zoonoses, in collaboration with OIE Reference Laboratories and Collaborating Centres.
- Research into ways to facilitate the greater participation of developing countries in negotiation and adoption of OIE standards and guidelines related to regional and international marketing of their livestock and livestock products while safeguarding international human and animal health status standards.
- Exchange of views on relevant aspects of animal health and zoonoses, especially regarding developing countries.
For the Office International des Épizooties
Dr Bernard Vallat