Under the authority of the Director General and the direct supervision of the Head of the Performance Management and Internal Control Unit
WOAH’s internal control and quality initiative, initiated in 2016, marks a decisive turning point in its strategic management. With the establishment of risk mapping and the setting up of an internal audit committee, the Organisation has demonstrated a strong commitment to transparent and effective governance. As part of the effort to strengthen its internal system, the Performance and Internal Control Unit was established in 2020. As a public international organisation, WOAH is accountable to its Members and is subject to regular external audits by its donors, requiring a rigorous internal control system. This dynamic aligns with WOAH’s ambition to maintain high standards of accountability and integrity.
The Internal Control and Quality Officer will help implement the internal control and quality policy and enhance operational efficiency by developing, consolidating, and monitoring WOAH’s internal control system.
He/she supports the teams in the operational implementation of the Executive Board’s risk policy in line with the Organisation’s strategic priorities and compliance expectations. He/she oversees actions taken and keeps Departments and Executive Management informed to support improve the system. Finally, he/she contributes to change management by anticipating and supporting required transformations for continuous improvement and risk control.
Missions and activities
Strengthening the internal control system
– Identify, develop and manage control plans and procedures for evaluating the system;
– Put in place relevant tools and indicators to monitor the level of risk and control managementHelp ensure data reliability;
– Carry out checks;
– Carry out diagnostics and draw up summary reports;
– Contribute to regulatory compliance and ensure regulatory monitoring to anticipate and support necessary compliance measures, in terms of delegation management, fraud, corruption and conflicts of interest.
Coordination and optimisation of internal processes
– Develop the organisation’s process mapUpdate and participate in developing a document repository structure(processes and procedures);
– Carry out process reviews in conjunction with business teams; analyse processes and supporte teams review processes and formalise procedures;
– Support teams in drafting documents (procedures, operating methods, etc.) as part of cross-functional IT projects key to internal control;
– Ensure compliance with procedures.
Operational Risk Monitoring and Management
– Maintain risk mapping;
– Support risk managers in defining and implementing action plans;
– Monitor priority risk management action plans;
– Monitor incidents and contribute to the incident management system;
– Steer and monitor actions to deal with non-conformities (corrective and preventive actions);
– Follow up on recommendations of internal and external audits;
– Support preparation and participate in audit committees, and helping to draft the minutes.
Participate in the management of internal control and quality systems
– Disseminate a culture of internal control, quality control and risk management within WOAH;
– Raising awareness of internal control best practice among management and teams;
– Developing and providing communication and training on internal control to support change at headquarters and in the Regions.
|Qualifications and experience
– Master’s degree or equivalent in risk management, audit, public administration, internal control, economics, management or equivalent;
– At least 5 years’ professional experience in internal control, risk management and/or quality;
– International experience appreciated.
– Knowledge of the COSO framework;
– Knowledge of international standards, guidelines and good practice in internal auditing;
– General knowledge of information systems, particularly data analysis tools;
– Excellent mastery of Microsoft Office;
– Excellent mastery of written and spoken English;
– Proven knowledge of a second official WHOA language (French or Spanish).
– Critical analysis and synthesis skills;
– Impartial and rigorous;
– Excellent teaching and facilitation skills;
– Communication and persuasion skills: the ability to communicate results effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
– Team spirit: ability to work in collaboration with different departments and teams within the organisation, ability to foster cross-functional cooperation.
– Type of contract: Fixed-term contract.
– Duration: 2 years.
– Location: WOAH Headquarters 12 rue de prony 75017 Paris, France.
– Salary: Between 2600-3000 € net per month commensurate with qualifications and experience, exempt of French income tax + annual performance bonus.
The post is a full-time position based at the WOAH Headquarters in Paris. It requires long hours in a seated position at a computer.
WOAH places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. WOAH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs. This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the WOAH Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online at the latest by 11 March 2024 clicking on the link below.