|Positioning and reporting |
Under the authority of the Deputy Director “International Standards and Science” and the direct supervision of the Head of the World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department (WAHIAD) and her/his Deputy.
|Job purpose |
The Animal Health Information Officer contributes to the publication of a transparent and coherent animal health situation in Members through the collection, verification and dissemination of animal health information provided by Members and non-member countries through the WOAH World Animal Health Information System (WAHIS). In particular, s/he is responsible for following the notification process of Members, as well as participating in capacity-building activities on disease notification (training and e-learning support), active search for non-official animal health information activities, and contributing to the improvement of WAHIS.
|Missions and activities |
Contribute as required to the activities of the team:
Participate in the team for active search for non-official animal health information of WAHIS
– Verify the non-official information related to the animal and public health situation
– Contact the countries when needed to verify the information found through the active search.
Participate in the Early Warning System of WAHIS
– Apply a standard verification process on immediate notifications, follow-up reports and final reports
– Propose relevant tools to facilitate the standard verification process and follow-up processes
– Review formats of working databases, developing automated tools within these databases to facilitate the verification and follow-up processes
– Develop and establish monitoring and evaluation indicators of the verification and follow-up processes.
Follow the notification process of designated countries or territories
– Apply a standard verification process on six-monthly reports, annual reports, and annual reports on wildlife
– Interact with Members’ nominated representatives on issues related to notification, including providing them with support to facilitate disease notification
– Participate in training of country representatives on WAHIS, including global and regional training
– Follow up with countries to encourage them to provide regular and timely animal health reports in line with their obligations
– Provide regular reports on the state of play of notifications
– Participate in the coordination of team activities within WAHIAD.
Participate in training activities
– Support the development of training content for WAHIS users.
– Provide support to WAHIS users
– Participate in the preparation and design of material for training WAHIS users and WOAH Focal Points
– Review and improve training methods
– Oversee and contribute to the development of e-learning platforms.
Participating in activities associated with the development of WAHIS and its evolution
– Contribute to the development of functional specifications
– Participate in the functional testing and validation of functionalities, providing feedback to the project management team
– Contribute to the identification of needs and follow-up on future evolutions.
|Qualifications and Experience |
– A graduate degree in veterinary sciences (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
– At least 3 years of professional experience with data collection, processing, and analysis of (animal) diseases
– Proven experience working with databases. Desirable additional qualifications
– Exposure to or work experience with Veterinary Services, animal or human health institutions, research institutions
– Additional degree in aquatic and/or terrestrial animal health, wildlife health, epidemiology or public health.
– Excellent command of English, both written and oral
– Proficiency in a second WOAH official language (French or Spanish)
– Very good command of the Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
– Good computer skills in geographical information systems (e.g. QGIS), database management systems (e.g. Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres).
Additional desirable competencies
– Good knowledge of a third WOAH official language (French or Spanish).Good computer skills in statistical software (e.g. R).
– Proactivity and initiative
– Keen sense of observation, attention to detail and accuracy
– Ability to work under pressure, and to efficiently prioritise work across multiple parallel tasks
– Courtesy, tact, and the ability to establish and maintain good working relations in a multinational and multicultural environment
– Good communication skills and team working abilities especially under tight deadlines.
|Working conditions |
– Salary: Monthly base salary starting from 2300€ net per month (commensurate with qualifications and experience) plus benefits, exempt of French income tax.
– Duration: Two (2) years – Renewable.
The post is a full-time position based at the WOAH Headquarters in Paris. It requires long hours in a seated position at a computer.
|General Information |
The WOAH places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The WOAH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions, or beliefs. This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the WOAH Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately. If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 8 December 2023 at the latest by clicking on the link below:
APPLY HERE https://urlz.fr/otPB